Air operated double diaphragm pumps provide users with multiple benefits and is also suitable for a number of applications.
Air Operated Double Diaphragm (AODD) pumps are commonly used in the industry of mining for the purpose of chemical transportation, processing and other general applications. They are a type of reciprocating positive displacement pump which is driven with the help of compressed air rather than a typical electrical motor. They have two chambers equipped with their own outlet and inlet check valves and a diaphragm.
What is the speciality about AODD pumps?
There are different types of pumps when it comes to industrial needs. Among all, air operated double diaphragm pump provides the most of the advantages. The back and forth movements shifts the supply of air from one chamber to another which further enables both the chambers to operate simultaneously.
What are the advantages?
There are loads of advantages when it comes to air operated double diaphragm pumps. Understanding them is crucial as it helps a lot for your industrial needs.
- No electricity: You don’t to install a motor to operate AODDs. The pumps automatically run on compressed air. This means, these types of pumps are appropriate for environments where electrical supply is not available.
- Simplicity: As they do not require electrical motors, complicated wiring systems can be eliminated. AODDs are easy to install, too. In fact, they are very easier to operate when compared to other pump types.
- Run Dry: AODD pumps have the capability to run dry without damaging the system or creating issues. There are some pumps that always need to be primed and thus, they don’t run dry or can even damage the entire system. This can result in a costly rebuild.
- Viscous liquids: This type of pumps can handle a variety of viscous fluids. It has the capability to transport both high and low viscous materials. This means that AODDs are great for a number of applications.
- Abrasive materials: AODDs can not only process abrasive or corrosive fluids but are also capable of handling more solid or powdered materials.
- Gentle pumping: As AODDs don’t have impellers or other movable parts exposed to the liquid, it means that these pumps are the most suitable for transporting shear sensitive media.
- Safety: Safety id the most crucial aspect when it comes to pumping needs in an industrial platform. Installing air operated double diaphragm in a facility means establishing the utmost safety when pumping volatile or dangerous liquids.
Whatever be the type of application, air operated double diaphragm pumps are really great for industrial purposes.